Terms and conditions regarding the use of photographs
Terms and conditions regarding the use of photographs, videos, audio files and pdfs of the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna (Vetmeduni Vienna)
The represented content of the Vetmeduni Vienna, such as images, videos, audio files and pdfs (for simplicity, hereinafter collectively referred to as “images”), is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
- The use of the Vetmeduni Vienna’s images is granted free of charge only to the media for the purpose of reporting on the Vetmeduni Vienna.
Every other use is subject to a fee (with the payment amount based on the type of use) and requires signing a written license agreement.
Thus, any form of publication beyond the above-mentioned usage for media purposes is prohibited without a written license agreement. Moreover, any type of dissemination, copying or storage in electronic databases is prohibited.
Should there be any ambiguity about whether a certain use is considered to be usage for media purposes, please contact the Corporate Communications Department of the Vetmeduni Vienna for clarification (Send e-mail to Corporate Communications).
- Any manipulation or distortion of the images (e.g., photo montages, cropping, etc.) must be expressly permitted by Vetmeduni Vienna.
- Any usage for purposes that could potentially be negative or damaging to the image of the Vetmeduni Vienna is disallowed.
- Any unauthorized usage (see Points 1, 2 and 3) will result in the revocation of all usage rights. The Vetmeduni Vienna reserves the right to take legal action in cases of unauthorized usage.
- The Vetmeduni Vienna specifically stipulates that the persons depicted or the owners of the rights to works depicted on the selected images or the owners of trademarks or other property rights may not have given permission for the images to be used for purposes other than media reporting about the Vetmeduni Vienna.
- Copyright designation:
When publishing images in any form whatsoever, the image material must clearly and distinctly bear the copyright designation “Photographer*/Vetmeduni Vienna”.
(*variable; this may be found in the metadata of the image information)
The Corporate Communications Department of the Vetmeduni Vienna must be provided with a complimentary exemplar or sent the weblink.
- All photos made available for use remain the property of the Vetmeduni Vienna and are to be deleted from all archives or returned (in the case of analogue images) immediately after use or at the latest, 6 weeks after their release for use.
- Liability disclaimer for the images made available online:
Given the technical characteristics of the Internet, no warranty can be given for the authenticity, veracity and completeness of the information made available on the Internet. Further, no warranty is given for the availability or operation of the online offering and its content. Insofar as legally permissible, no liability will be accepted for direct, consequential or other damages, regardless of cause, arising from the use or unavailability of the data or information of the Vetmeduni Vienna’s web content.
- The place of jurisdiction is Vienna.