To improve technology transfer of science into the economy, the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna helps its researchers to transfer scientific results into economic practice and to market them.
The Office for Research Promotion and Innovation (FFI) offers the following services in the area of technology transfer:
Services for Researchers
- Information and consulting about opportunities for cooperation between science and industry
- Evaluation of inventions regarding their patentability and market opportunities
- Supervision and coordination of evaluation and patenting processes
- Support with finding cooperation and commercialization partners in research and industry and the professional management of cooperation projects
- Advice in contract negotiation with the help of legal experts
- Contract samples for contract negotiations (MTA, CDA, research & development cooperation)
Research Services for Businesses
- Information about research activities and expertise at the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna
- Placement of R&D projects with researchers of the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna
- Placement of diploma theses and dissertation projects
- Contact with experts of the university
Spin-Off VetWIDI Forschungsholding GmbH
The VetWIDI Forschungsholding GmbH was founded in 2004 and supervises all spin-offs of the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna (Vetmeduni Vienna).