Dr. Herbert Hoi
Konrad-Lorenz-Institut für Vergleichende Verhaltensforschung
Department für Integrative Biologie und Evolution
Veterinärmedizinische Universität Wien
T +43 (1) 489 09 15 824
F +43 (1) 489 09 15 801
E-Mail an Herbert Hoi senden [Link 1]
My behavioural research has mainly focused on the social, mating, and reproductive behaviour of birds. Questions related to this topic are: What are the advantages of coloniality? How males attract mates through acoustic and visual communication? Why are females choosy about their mates? Why are some females unfaithfull to their partners? How do they manage extra-pair copulation and what are the costs and benefits of this behaviour.
- Sparkling Science Project: Chemische Verteidigung im Tierreich [Link 2] (see Vetdoc [Link 3])
- Sparkling Science Project: Vögel als Bioindikatoren [Link 4] (see Vetdoc [Link 5])
- FWF project P19310-B17: Maternal effects and female allocation strategies in house sparrows (Passer domesticus)
- FWF project: Sexual selection in the Common Toad (Bufo bufo) Grant # P19264-B17
- Sparkling Science Project: Klimawandel: Auswirkung auf unsere Vogelwelt Grant # SPA/01/2007/51/A/Klimawandel
- Female ornamentation and directional male mate choice in a passerine bird (In collaboration with Prof. Andrea Pilastro, University of Padova and Dr. Matteo Griggio)
- Mate choice in reed warblers (Acrocephalus scirpaceus): are there heritable song features?
- Date of birth: 12.07.1961, St.Veit a.d. Glan, Austria
- 1985 - 1988: Thesis on "Ecology and mating system of bearded tits (Panurus biarmicus)"
- 1989 - 1991: Research assistant in the department of Ethology, University of Vienna
- Since April 1991: Senior scientist at the Konrad Lorenz Inst. f. Vergl. Verhaltensforschung
Publikationen [Link 6]