Term 1.9.2010 - 31.08.2013
The PVM project is one of two agriculturally oriented K-projects, funded by the Comet Excellence initiative.
It is a composite of institutes from two universities and nine industrial partners.
The project grew out of profiling activities of the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna. In this process,
the Food Safety and Veterinary Public Health present one of the four main priorities. Through collaboration with the
University of Natural Resources as part of WWTF projects a broad basis was found
for the implementation of this project.
- Biomin Holding GesmbH (feed safety)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica GesmbH (vaccination strategies)
- Intact Consult GesmbH (quality management)
- Schirnhofer GesmbH (pork production)
- SY-LAB Geräte GesmbH (test procedures)
- AGES GesmbH (consumer protection)
- Veracus GesmbH (feed additives)
- Merck KGaA (test procedures)
- EMC microcollections (vaccination)
- Institute for Milk Hygiene, -Technology and Food Science - Vetmeduni Vienna
- Fungal Genomics Group - BOKU
- Clinic for Swine - Vetmeduni Vienna
- Institute of Nutrition- Vetmeduni Vienna
- Institut of Veterinary Public Health - Vetmeduni Vienna
- Institute of Immunology - Vetmeduni Vienna
Leader of Consortium
Department for Farm Animals and Veterinary Public Health, Vetmeduni Vienna