Course for Cryopreservation, Embryo Transfer and Assisted Reproduction in Mice
January 31 - February 04, 2022
University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna
Advanced Training Course for Postgraduates and Technicians working in the field of animal research and in scientific experiments. Basic knowledge of Felasa level B or experience in laboratory animal care / use is required for participation.
The course consists of two parts: theory and a practical hands-on training component.
The aim of this course is to offer theoretical background information to students with hands-on practical training of techniques required for successful assisted reproduction and Cryopreservation in laboratory mice.
· Mouse Anatomy and Reproductive Biology
· Introduction to Embryo Transfer
· Anesthesia & Analgesia
· Introduction to Sperm Freezing
· In Vitro Fertilization and Embryo Freezing Methods
· The European Mouse Mutant Archive
· Worldwide shipping of live mice, cooled & frozen material
- Hands-on practical course:
· Sperm Collection and Cryopreservation
· Oviduct Flushing
· Embryo Handling
· In vitro Fertilization
· Controlled-rate freezing of 2-cell embryos
· Oviduct Transfer
· Uterus Transfer
· Demonstration: Percutaneous and microsurgical collection of spermatozoa from live mice; ovary transplantation; non-surgical embryo transfer
Number of Participants:
The maximum number of participants is limited to 8 persons.
In the event that less than 6 participants register we will postpone the course until further notice.
Academic or Non-Profit Institutions: Euro 1,050.00
Other Institutions: Euro 1,350.00
Accepted payment method: Credit card (VISA or Mastercard).
Credit card details must be provided at a later point, upon invoicing.
Please note: A seat in our course cannot be guaranteed until payment has been processed and confirmed.
Please follow the Link to the online registration form. A fully completed form is required for registration.
After receiving your registration we will contact you within 1 or 2 weeks. We request your patience until we contact you personally with further details via Email.