- Drag this button up to the bookmarks toolbar in your browser (or save it to your favorites toolbar):
- You will now see a new button in your toolbar: "EZproxy"
- Now, if an online resource asks you to log in, click the “EZproxy” button to reload the page and log in with your Vetmeduni username and password.
- If the Library has a subscription to the resource through the website that you're using, you will be able to view it.
Detailed instructions for creating bookmarklets for different browsers
Drag the EZproxy button (above) to the bookmarks bar with the right mouse button. Right click on the button and select "Add to Favorites..." from the menu. If it asks to continue, click Yes. In the "Add a Favorite" options, choose the "Create In" drop-down menu and select "Favorites Toolbar". You can also rename the bookmarklet here if you want to. Click Add.
Drag the EZproxy button (above) to your Bookmarks Bar. Or right click on the button and select "Bookmark This Link" to add it to your bookmarks. If your bookmarks toolbar is hidden, go to the View menu option, select "Toolbars" and check "Bookmarks Toolbar." You can also edit and rename the bookmarklet.
Drag the EZproxy button (above) to your Bookmarks Bar. If your bookmarks bar is hidden, go to the View menu option and select "Always Show Bookmarks Bar". You can also edit and rename the bookmarklet.
Drag the EZproxy button (above) your Bookmarks Bar. If your bookmarks bar is hidden, go to the View menu option and select "Always Show Bookmarks Bar". You can also edit and rename the bookmarklet.
- Step: Activate the Favorites bar (if not already available).
Open the Edge Browser, click on the three dots in the upper right corner. In the menu that opens, select "Settings" and activate the Favorites bar. Microsoft Edge has favorites whereas other browsers call them bookmarks.
- Step: Creating the "Bookmarklet" in the favorites list
Click on the 'Star' button at the right-side of the URL address bar. Give the bookmarklet a name, for example "EZproxy". Under “……… " you select the "Favorites list", then click on “…..Add”
- Step: Copy the code below
- Step: Editing the "Bookmarklet"
Click the "Three-line star" icon on the top right. Then click with the right mouse button on the bookmarklet. Now select "Edit URL". Overwrite the contents of the open field with the previously copied code. Press the "Enter" button to save. With this you have created your bookmarklet.
If you have any troubles or questions using EZproxy, you are welcome to contact the library
- By Mail: email@example.com
- By Phone: +43 1 25077 1414
- Individual: Information desk in the library