The full recognition of a foreign degree in veterinary medicine as equivalent to the degree study programme (curriculum 2014 from 24.06.2019) at the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna.
How to apply for a nostrification:
This must be done in person. To arrange an appointment, send an e-mail to Regine Major.
Prepare and bring the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A residence permit
- A current certificate of registration (Meldezettel)
- Your curriculum vitae
- The original of your certificate confirming your completion of a degree programme at a foreign university and the awarding of an academic title
- Any certificates confirming a name change
- Certificates of any examinations or degree programmes undertaken abroad
- The notification fee of €150.00
In as far as this is required under international treaties, all foreign documents must be officially certified. It is recommended to contact the responsible department (see above) before you submit your application in order to clarify the acceptability of the necessary documents.
Documents may be submitted in either German or English. If the original document has been issued in another language, the following individuals may be contacted:
The following individuals set out in the list of expert witnesses and court interpreters are authorised to act as certified translators (refer to the section Dolmetscher at http://www.sdgliste.justiz.gv.at/.
Further information about certified translations can be obtained from the Austrian Association of Certified Court Interpreters (ÖVGD) at http://www.gerichtsdolmetscher.at/ under the section entitledBeglaubigte Übersetzungen.