Have you always wanted to know what life is like at the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna Campus? Then take this opportunity and sign up for a guided tour, upon request also in English!
Botanical Garden (photo: Thomas Suchanek)
Find out all you need to know on a guided tour at the University Clinic for Ruminants (photo: Vetmeduni)
Festsaalgebäude (photo: Niko Havranek/Vetmeduni)
At the University clinic for swine (photo: Vetmeduni)
Well prepared for the way to the stables (photo: Vetmeduni)
Detail from the equine hospital (photo: Michael Bernkopf/Vetmeduni)
No matter whether groups of private individuals, kindergarten or school groups, employees of a company, and much more. - during the one-hour campus tour you will get to know the university, its history and tasks and you can take a look behind the scenes of one of our university facilities. The tours (every Tuesday morning or Thursday afternoon) are free and consist of a campus tour and a visit to a clinic or special facility.
The meeting point for all tours is at the main entrance/porter in front of the large campus map, Veterinärplatz 1, 1210 Vienna.
Minimum number of participants/tour is 10, maximum 25 people.
Please note that it is not permitted to bring animals onto the campus. The only exceptions are patients, separately registered dogs from university members and certified assistance dogs.
- On request, our Pathology Museum (Tuesday morning or Thursday afternoon), Anatomy Museum (Tuesday morning), our university library (Tuesday morning or Thursday afternoon) and our Botanical Garden (April-June only) can be visited.
- The tours are usually in German. They can also be held in English on request.
- Please note, that dust and allergen exposure can occur.
- We recommend weatherproof clothing and appropriate footwear.
- FEEDING, PHOTOGRAPHING and stroking our animals is NOT ALLOWED.
- The instructions of the Vetmeduni staff must be followed.
- There are no guided tours on weekends, public holidays, during the Christmas holidays and in the months of July and August.