Registration for online pre-registration for the academic year 2022/23 has been closed since 3 June 2022!
Starting with the 2022/2023 academic year, applicants who have completed an equivalent degree programme in veterinary medicine at a recognised post-secondary educational institution in Austria or abroad and who wish to continue their studies in veterinary medicine at the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna may upon application be admitted to a higher semester in the Diploma Programme in Veterinary Medicine, subject to the number of places available, for a maximum of 40 places, provided that the following requirements are met:
- At the time of admission to the lateral entry qualification test, submission of proof of the 120 ECTS credits required for lateral entry from an equivalent veterinary medicine degree programme at a recognised post-secondary educational institution in Austria or abroad.
- Fulfilment of the admission requirements for the 5th or higher semester as well as the other admission requirements as set out in §§ 63 ff and § 91 of the Universities Act (UG).
- Admission to the programme in accordance with an applicant ranking as part of the lateral entry qualification test defined for lateral entrants.
- Proof of German language skills at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The contents of the lateral entry qualification test are based on EAEVE’s (European Association of Establishments of Veterinary Education) List of Subjects and Day One Competences as approved by the European Coordinating Committee on Veterinary Training (ECCVT) (https://www.eaeve.org/fileadmin/downloads/eccvt/List_of_subjects_and_Day_One_Competences_approved_on_17_January_2019.pdf) covering medical physics, chemistry, anatomy, histology, embryology, physiology, biochemistry, zoology and cell biology.
Detailed information on lateral entry can be found in the university directives on the selection procedure for the Diploma Programme in Veterinary Medicine.
- Online pre-registration to the lateral entry qualification test and upload of the necessary transcripts/certificates/supporting documents
20 to 31 July 2022 at Vetmedonline.
For information on registration and application, please refer to the online pre-registration section under “selection procedure”.
- Payment of registration fee of €50
20 July 2022 to 5 August 2022
Please note that in accordance with university directives the registration fee must be received no later than 5 August 2022.
- Lateral entry qualification test
19 August 2022 at Vetmeduni
- Site plan Lateral entry qualification test
Questions and enquiries regarding the lateral entry procedure will be accepted exclusively by e-mail.