The rotating Internship Programme in equine medicine is a 12-month postgraduate training suitable for recently qualified veterinarians.
Interns work in all the hospital areas and are responsible for assisting admission, evaluation and treatment of patients and providing high-level ongoing patient care under the supervision of senior clinicians, in and out of hours.
In addition interns partake in hospital and stable rounds and seminars and are involved in supervision of and assisting undergraduate veterinary students whilst on their clinical rotations. Our internship provides a suitable foundation for most equine post-graduate specialist qualifications and excellent training for general or specialist equine practice.
The selection of interns is made on the basis of academic achievement, letters of recommendation, clinical skills, interpersonal skills and pertinent experience.
- degree in veterinary medicine completed before the beginning of the internship
- good German skills (min. B2) and English skills
- Clinical experience in equine practice is desired
Application documents in German!
- Identitätsnachweis (amtlicher Lichtbildausweis)
- Nachweis des abgeschlossenen bzw. des vor Lehrgangsbeginn abschließbaren Studiums der Veterinärmedizin
- Lebenslauf mit Foto
- Nachweis der deutschen Sprachkenntnisse (B2)
- Mindestens ein Empfehlungsschreiben
- Allfällige weitere Referenzen
When an internship position becomes vacant, it will be advertised under employment opportunities:
See employment opportunities at the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna (in German)