Vetmeduni supports refugees
The University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, together with all Austrian universities, strongly condemns Russia's attack on Ukraine and assures threatened students and researchers of rapid and unbureaucratic support.
In concrete terms, the Vetmeduni is implementing the following activities for those affected:
- Ukrainian students will be exempted from paying tuition fees at Vetmeduni.
- Students who have had to interrupt their studies in veterinary medicine and who have fled the country can take up their studies at the Vetmeduni as incoming students.
- In consultation with the Austrian Students' Union of the Vetmeduni (HVU), the offer of online psychological support is being increased.
- The commitment to veterinary cooperation of students for the care of animals of refugees is credited as part of the elective subject "Science and Practice".
- In the Central Emergency Room of the University Hospital for Small Animals, assigned animals are cared for in cooperation with the "Krone Tierhilfe Ukraine" campaign; the assignment is made by "Krone Tierhilfe Ukraine" in the Initial Reception Centre Donaustadt.